Thursday, September 12, 2013
Forgive the quality of the picture. I'm just still patting myself on the back for doing my hair today. I'm 32 weeks and 1 day, and I thought it was time that I quickly documented how things are going. Even though this pregnancy has been looooooong, I also cannot believe I have a maximum of 6 weeks left! Crazy!
* I have grown out of most of my maternity clothes by now. This should get interesting.
* Baby girl keeps flipping from breach to head down (boy has always been head down). At this point I am just expecting a C-section, and if something changes last minute it will be a nice perk.
* I feel movement almost all day long. It's really fun. When they both have hiccups I feel like there is an earthquake inside of me.
* These babies are seriously IN my ribs. Sometimes I feel kicks in the back part of my ribs, which really hurts my back. I still get comments like "you are so small! I can't believe there are two in there!" These comments get kind of annoying because believe me, there are two in there. I want to say "I wish I was popping out further so they weren't jammed up in my rib cage." Discomfort aside, it's still a miracle.
* I had to stop wearing my fat, fake wedding ring last week. I gave up on my real ring in June. But it was a bit depressing when the fat ring no longer fit.
* The nursery is coming along! Just some last minute touches here and there and I will be set.
* I. Am. Exhuasted. A lot of twin moms get put on bed rest which I have been fortunate to avoid thus far. However, sometimes I wish I was prescribed bed rest so I had an excuse to be laying down all day. I am still working both my jobs (accounting and piano teaching) pretty much the same amount of time I was before I was pregnant. I have also maintained my calling as 1st counselor in the Young Womens' organization (a group for youth ages 12-18) in my church. We'll see how much longer all of that lasts.
* Still no set names.
* Sleeping? Not really happening.
* I go back and forth between getting extremely excited to meet my two little babies and extremely terrified that I will be a mom to two newborns. Like I know how to keep two newborns alive! :)
At the end of the day, I am just so grateful that both babies are healthy and I've made it this far. I'm trying to take it day-by-day, and you know what? It's working. :)